Friday, April 27, 2012

Slideshow to the site

We are done cleaning the code and other necessities that the site needed. Gustavo is still in the process of fixing the drop down menu. I was working on the slideshow, but realized that I didn't like its look. I tried editing it: change the color and speed and size, but it was really complicated  to read the code.
I went online to look at some ideas, and came across this site. I looked at some demos, but really liked this one in particular: #12 jFlow Gallery. I started working on it and it was well written easy to follow.

Here is the site with the slideshow.

2 comments:

  1. Things to do this week:

    1. Blog more regularly (why not use this as a "technical notebook" to keep notes as you go?).
    2. Use the eye dropper in GIMP to match the light blue color from the slide show section with the image below it.
    3. Adjust the width of the slide show section so that it lines up.
    4. Make the validation links look nicer and put them at the bottom (centered).

    That should keep you busy for a bit. Let me know as soon as these tasks are completed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please create a Google Doc spreadsheet to document the time you spend working on the Arlington Children's Choir site. We need to begin getting a concrete idea of how long projects like this take.

    ReplyDelete